Monday, April 01, 2013

TBR Pile

We all have a pile of books "to be read," don't we?  And do you have books that have been in that stack forever?  For me it's a must to have a stockpile of books in case I can't get to the library or any other book source--think of that classic Twilight Zone episode with Burgess Meredith where he finds himself alone in a ruined world, with "Time Enough at Last" to read the books he so desperately loves...until his glasses break.  So I've got books, and a few spare pairs of eye glasses.

Looking through some of my books, I spotted one that has been there for as long as I remember.  Someone close to me sent me the book after reading and loving it.  I've had the extra push of a book club that selected it.  But it still remains unread.  So one of these days, I'm going to crack the cover of Anna Karenina.  

What is the oldest book in your book hoard?

No comments: