Monday, July 22, 2013

More Summer Reads from Melanie

The Caster Chronicles Series 
by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl:
Beautiful Creatures
Beautiful Darkness
Beautiful Chaos
Beautiful Redemption



Rather than review all four books in this series, I'm just going to lump them all together. This was an absolutely fantastic series, very well written and page-turning. I'd recommend this to teens or adults that like supernatural type reads, but have standards higher than the Twilight crowd.


 



The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden
by Jessica Sorensen

I loved this book. It's about two college freshman with histories of abuse, and how they come together and get each other past it. Its told in alternating viewpoints, which I love. It's written pretty simply, but that worked well I this case. I recommend it.
















The Secret of Ella and Micha / The Forever of Ella and Micha
by Jessica Sorensen

These were ok.  I read the second hoping it would be better than the first. The story is about two rather damaged college freshman and their complicated friendship/romance. Its also told in alternating viewpoints. The characters are kind of lovable but kind of annoying, and the book was very poorly edited. There's typos and misspellings galore, which makes it at times hard to read. If I had to make a recommendation, I'd say read 'Callie and Kayden.' Skip these.

Thanks for sharing more of your summer books, Melanie!

No comments: