Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I remember as a teen reading PSYCHO in a dark unfamiliar basement in Seattle and being totally unnerved by it.  And when I first moved to Connecticut, and read Dan Simmon's SUMMER OF NIGHT, I started to look very differently at all the very old buildings around me and imagining all kinds of horrors.  And, Stephen King's PET SEMATARY really scared the heck out of me--the cat on the cover and in the story--very creepy!  And if THE SHINING scared you, be sure to check out Stephen King's newest book, DOCTOR SLEEP, a sequel to his 1977 book.

What kind of horror books do you like? Or vividly remember?

Check out this list:

Flavorwire's 50 Scariest Books of all time!

http://flavorwire.com/419194/the-50-scariest-books-of-all-time/view-all/

Agree?  Disagree? What did they miss?

No comments: